Who am I?
Dr. Mahdi Kioumarsi is an Associate Professor at the Department of Built Environment of OsloMet—Oslo Metropolitan University and an Associate Professor at the Department of Engineering of Østfold University in Norway. He holds a Ph.D. in Structural Engineering from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
His research has been ranging from large scale (structural level) to small scale (material level). He has many years of experience doing research on structural analysis, numerical modeling, and sustainable constructions. His current research centers on the feasibility of digital technologies (i.e., BIM, digital twin, and artificial intelligence) for smart construction to minimize the built environment’s carbon footprint. He has completed various collaborative projects with international academic and industrial partners and has more than 40 papers published in peer-reviewed journals. He is serving as a reviewer for several international scientific journals.
- FE modeling and analyzing
- Soft computing methods
- Experimental work
- Finite element modeling and analyzing of concrete and concrete structures
- Durable concrete and concrete structures
- Corrosion in concrete structures
- Smart concrete
- Sustainable concrete and alternative cementitious binders
- Ultra high-performance concrete
- Fiber-reinforced concrete
- Application of soft computing in structures
- Vulnerability assessment of historical buildings
- Steel plate shear wall; structural performance
- Ph.D. in Structural engineering
– Norwegian University of science and technology (NTNU)
- MSc in structural engineering
– Amirkabir University of Technology
Find me at