The conference uses Zoom as the main conference platform. All registered participants will receive an e-mail with a link to a password-protected page with links to the session two days before the conference. This page will be your main way of entering the sessions you would like to attend.
Please take a minute to review the points below. If you are not familiar with Zoom, we highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the platform before the conference. See below for some resources you can use as an introduction to Zoom.
Interacting via Zoom:
- You will find the Zoom link to each session by going to the program (all registered participants will receive a link to a password-protected page with the program two days before the conference). Simply click on the link of the session to join the Zoom room of the session you want to attend. Note that all times on the program are Central European Summer Time Zone.
- Each room will be hosted by a session chair from the organizing committee. They will introduce speakers, keep the time and monitor the chat/discussion.
- Please download the Zoom client to your computer ahead of the conference.
- If you have never used Zoom before, you can try it out here.
- Please test your audio and video ahead of time.
- Please mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Feel free to use the chat for questions and comments during the presentations, but please be aware that the presenter may not be able to see them while he or she is presenting. Session chairs will monitor the chat and collect questions for the Q&A after the presentation.
- Consider turning off your video if your connection seems slow or jerky, to free up bandwidth.
- If your connection seems slow or unstable, try shifting to a wired connection if available. See here for more advice on improving your Zoom connection.
Giving your presentation on Zoom
- You will find the Zoom link to your session by going to the program (you will receive a link to a password-protected page to the program two days ahead of the conference). Simply click on the link of the session to join your Zoom room. Note that all times on the program are Central European Summer Time Zone.
- Each room will be hosted by a session chair from the organizing committee. They will introduce you, keep the time and monitor the chat/discussion.
- Please make sure to join the room a few minutes before your presentation is scheduled to start.
- You will be able to use the “share screen” function in the Zoom room so you may share any visual material you have prepared. Please have your visual material easily available on your computer at the start of your session.
- Please ensure that your camera is on when you are presenting. Check your lighting, camera position, and background ahead of time. Go here for some practical advice.
- Please make sure that you use a microphone for best audio
- For tips and advice about sharing a power point on Zoom, go to this website.
- Please time your presentation. You will have 20 minutes to present, which will be followed by a 10-minute Q&A session. Sessions chairs will let you know when time is up, and you can also ask the chair to let you know when you have 5 minutes left, for example.
- If your connection seems slow or unstable, try shifting to a wired connection when giving your presentation, if possible. See here for more advice on improving your Zoom connection.
Acknowledgement: Adapted from the Global Society of Online Literacy Educators.