More information about OsloMet’s conference center, hotel locations and Oslo travel information will appear soon.
Oslo Metropolitan University is located in the citiy center of Oslo, as well as on a secondary campus in Kjeller, 30km east of Oslo. NordSec 2023 will be hosted at our urban campus in Oslo’s Pilestredet, which is located centrally near the royal castle, not far from the central railway station in Oslo.
NordSec 2023 will be located in OsloMet’s on-campus conference center in building P46 in campus Pilestredet. Here is a MazeMap link with details about the location of the conference center inside building P46.
The address for the conference is: Pilestredet 46, Oslo. The reception of the conference is located in the entrance hall, ground floor. There, you will find auditorium Athene, which is the presentation venue.
Travel to Oslo
- Take the train from directions Trondheim, Bergen, Gothenburg, Stockholm to Oslo central station
- Use express buses from Sweden and from within Norway to Oslo bus terminal
- Use a ferry from Kiel (Germany), Copenhagen (Denmark) or from northern Denmark to Oslo
- Fly to Oslo airport. Take airport express train or the slightly cheaper regular train to Oslo central station or use the Flybus bus. Taxi is possible, but not recommended due to high cost of the 50km ride. Use local transport page RUTER to find connections! RUTER’s app serves as a public transport ticket app.
- Participants from the Baltics and from outside Scandinavia may find connections to the Torp/Sandefjord airport, which is a 2-hour bus ride away on the west side of Oslofjord.
- Drive to Oslo. Target for your navigator: Pilestredet 46, Oslo, Norway. Note that you will need to register your car plates and contact information with Autopass for road toll collection. Parking lots are a sparse resource in Oslo’s center. More information about parking regulations, payments and maps is found at Oslo municipality.
Getting around in Oslo’s center
- Public transport is available with RUTER (tram, bus, subway). Use the tram lines 18 and 19 to reach the tram stop «Frydenlund» when arriving from the central station. Users of the Flybus line FB5 can use the route arriving at the Frydenlund stop near campus. A single ride is 40 NOK, purchased through RUTER’s app or in newsstands (Narvesen, 7Eleven shops).
- The closest stop for trains and subway is the «Nationaltheatret» (national theater) station, 10 minutes’ walk from campus Pilestredet.
- It is easy to reach all central locations by foot, including the central hotels. Bring good shoes if you do not mind walking!
- There are city bike rental offers as well as electric scooters (Voi, Tier, Bolt, Lime are the current brand names).
Accomodation in Oslo
The following hotels are the closest ones to campus. There are many other hotels available that will be within 15-minute walking distance from OsloMet. Check with your travel agent!
- Hotel Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
- Thon Hotel Europa
- Smarthotel Oslo
- Thon Hotel Slottsparken
- Hotel Bondeheimen
- Hotel Bristol
If you are travelling with luggage, you may store it at the conference center (2nd floor in P46) until your departure. Contact the front desk.
Other essential information
Health and safety
- Bring along your blue EU health coverage card for emergency care covered by the EU/EFTA agreement!
- Emergency numbers: 112 (police) 110 (fire department), 113 (medical emergency)
- Oslo’s Medical emergency center (in Norwegian: «Legevakt») is located in Storgata 40, Oslo. Open 24/7 for first care after accidents and other urgent conditions. Call (+47) 22 11 72 96 until 14:30, or 113 when their switch is not manned. Everyone is received, a fee of approx 400 NOK applies per visit.
- 24/7 pharmacy is available in Storgata 40, Oslo. There is a pharmacy on campus in building P35 that has regular business hours.
Money & payments
- Card payments and contactless card/phone are widely used in Oslo, even in gastronomy and on flea markets. You will hardly need cash in everyday situations.
- ATMs / cash machines are available in many locations. Grocery store chains provide cash withdrawal services when you request cash while paying for your shopping.
- The local currency is the Norwegian Crown (NOK), which at present has an approx. 11:1 exchange rate towards EUR.
Tourist information & events
- Tourist information at Visit Oslo
- Calendar of events, festivals, exhibitions and concerts at VisitOslo
- The New York Times’ tips for a stay in Oslo.
- Rent a sauna float on Oslofjord
- Visit the sub-culture book and graphic novel bookstore Tronsmo (short walk from OsloMet).
- Visit Anne Undnes’ ceramic studio near OsloMet for handcrafted souvenir ceramics.
- Interested in gems, crystals, minerals, meteorites or fossils? Visit the nearby Naturens Mangfold shop for souvenirs from Norwegian and global geology!
- Take a lunch walk through the Royal castle park in OsloMet’s neighborhood!