Leader: Kåre Rønn Richardsen
- to understand mechanisms underlying musculoskeletal disorders
- to develop and improve prognostic models relevant for musculoskeletal health
- to validate prognostic models in samples including participants from other countries.
- to compare the performance of prognostic models developed by traditional statistical methods and machine learning approaches
Overarching research questions:
- what are the underlying mechanisms of persistent musculoskeletal disorders?
- why do patients respond differently to clinical treatments?
- what are the characteristics (sociodemographic, clinical, psychological, environmental)
- individuals who develop persistent musculoskeletal disorders?
- individuals with good/poor prognosis?
- Individuals with good response to prevention strategies and treatments?
- what are valid prognostic factors for different musculoskeletal health outcomes
Data and methods We will use existing data from data sources in Norway and other Scandinavian countries, i.e. large population-based cohorts, health surveys, national registries and clinical studies.