Dear colleagues and fellow scholars,
From the 4th to the 6th of August 2021 the 30th Nordic Sociological Association Conference will be hosted by Oslo Metropolitan University. The conference heading for 2021 is: ‘The Sociology of Conflict: Global Transformations – Local Manifestations’. We hereby invite the submission of sessions.
Confirmed keynote speakers are Gurminder K Bhambra, Professor of Postcolonial and Decolonial Studies at the School of Global Studies, University of Sussex and Sari Hanafi, Professor of Sociology at the American University of Beirut and Chair of the International Sociological Association.
We welcome proposals for thematic sessions for the conference, which will include sessions under the main conference theme, as well as sessions on other themes in Nordic sociology. In the selection of sessions, we will emphasize academic quality as well as relevance, and ensure the conference is broadly representative of sociology in the Nordic countries.
Proposals for sessions should include
- Title of session
- Session organizer(s): name, affiliation, e-mail address
- Abstract (not exceeding 500 words)
- Type of session: Paper presentations; Roundtable, Workshop, Poster presentations
- Selection of papers (organizer enjoy full liberty in whether/how to apply peer review of paper proposals)
- Number of sessions (assuming 4 contribution in each session as the ideal)
The deadline for proposals for sessions is 15th of January 2020. The organising committee will review the proposals and the decisions will be announced thereafter. Other dates and deadlines:
- 1st of February: Decisions on sessions
- 15 March 2021: Deadline for abstract submission
- 15 April 2021: The review process is finished
We would be grateful if you could share this invitation as widely as possibly, contributing to ensure solid Nordic representation in Oslo in August 2021, and eventually to a successful conference!
Kristian Berg Harpviken
Research Professor, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
Chair, Nordic Sociological Association
Chair, Organizing Committee and Scientific Committee for NSA2020