JMIC cooperates with partners in organizing courses and workshops on a wide range of topics having to do with journalism, media, democracy and human rights. Courses are tailored both for practicing journalists and media professionals and journalism/media students. Below, some examples of past collaboration. If you wish to know more, contact us.
Journalist safety: courses completed in Ethiopia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Tunisia and Uganda.
Journalists and access to information/investigative journalism: courses/conferences completed in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, Nepal, Pakistan and Tunisia/Maghreb.
The rig: An exercise in press freedom: courses conducted in Palestine, Uganda and Tunisia/Maghreb.
- The rig in Palestine: https://uni.oslomet.no/JMIC/
- Training of trainers, Tunisia: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2020/03/11/rewarding-training-of-trainees-on-a-pedagogical-tool/
War and Peace journalism: courses conducted in Norway with students from 20-30 countries, short version conducted in Pakistan
- From last MA course, 2019: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2019/05/03/global-journalism-conflict-safety-and-peace/ (See also: Top-level conference in Islamabad: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2019/03/01/conferences-in-islamabad/ )
Gender and journalism: courses/conferences conducted in Indonesia, Tunisia and Oslo and Pakistan.
- From workshop in Indonesia: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2019/10/30/teaching-gender-in-journalism-and-media-studies-workshop-a-forum-for-mutual-learning-and-sharing/
Collaborative, transnational photojournalism: courses conducted in Bangladesh, China, India, Myanmar Nepal.
- Here, from China: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2018/04/16/visualizing-china/
- 2020: 18 young photographers from 4 countries https://blogg.hioa.no/jmic/2020/02/25/18-young-photographers-from-4-countries/
- And an updated lecture in the Corona-era: https://blogg.hioa.no/jmic/2020/04/06/photo-lecture-on-how-to-cover-corona/
Journalism, media and extremism, free expression etc.: workshops/conferences in Indonesia, Norway, Pakistan, Tunisia.
- Conference on social media, Tunisia: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2017/11/30/discussions-social-networks-north-africa/
- On freedom of expression in Indonesia: https://uni.oslomet.no/jmic/2017/01/23/debating-free-expression/
Media and Climate change: MA course available in Oslo, open for international co-operation, lectures given in Iran and Pakistan, conferences in several countries, latest in India 2018.
Human rights, creative journalism/storytelling: Courses conducted in Northern Iraq (2012-2013)