Gebru, Nardos Wondafrash; Hagos, Seifu; Yirgu, Robel; Habtemariam, Esete; Abebe, Dawit Shawel (2020). The relationship between caregivers’ feeding practices and children’s eating behaviours among preschool children in Ethiopia. Appetite.
Hynek, Kamila Angelika; Straiton, Melanie Lindsay; Hauge, Lars Johan; Corbett, Karina; Abebe, Dawit Shawel (2020). Use of outpatient mental healthcare services and upper-secondary school completion in young women with migrant background – A population-based study. SSM – Population Health. Vol. 11.
Tuffa TA, Gebreyesus SH, Endris BS, Getnet Y, Abebe DS. Unhealthy weight control behaviors among Ethiopian female adolescents. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2020;53(4):525-32.
Toft H, Lien L, Neupane SP, Abebe DS, Tilden T, Wampold BE, et al. Cytokine concentrations are related to level of mental distress in inpatients not using anti-inflammatory drugs. Acta Neuropsychiatrica. 2020;32(1):23-31.
Toft H, Lien L, Neupane S, Abebe D, Tilden T, Wampold B, et al. Abstract# 3229 Cytokine concentrations are related to level, but not development, of mental distress in inpatients not using anti-inflammatory drugs. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2019;81:6.
Leonhardt M, Shawel Abebe D. Social Gradients in Alcohol Use Disorders with and without Depression: Immigrants vs Norwegians: Marja Leonhardt. European Journal of Public Health. 2019;29(Supplement_4):ckz186. 051.
Bakken A, Andersen PL, Frøyland LR, Abebe DS. Rekkefølgeeffekter i spørreundersøkelser blant ungdom. Norsk sosiologisk tidsskrift. 2019;3(01):66-82.
Abebe DS, Helseth S, Andenaes R. Socio-Economic Gradients and Disability During The Transition to Young Adulthood: A Longitudinal Survey and Register Study in Norway. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education. 2019;66(1):99-110.
Toft H, Bramness JG, Lien L, Abebe DS, Wampold BE, Tilden T, et al. PTSD patients show increasing cytokine levels during treatment despite reduced psychological distress. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment. 2018;14:2367.
Abebe DS, Elstad JI, Lien L. Utilization of somatic specialist services among psychiatric immigrant patients: the Norwegian patient registry study. BMC health services research. 2018;18(1):1-7.
Abebe D, Lien L, editors. Immigrant psychiatric patients and the utilisation of specialist services for circulatory system diseases-a nation-wide register study in Norway. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC HEALTH; 2018: OXFORD UNIV PRESS GREAT CLARENDON ST, OXFORD OX2 6DP, ENGLAND.
Abebe D, Lien L. 6.10-P27 Immigrant psychiatric patients and the utilisation of specialist services for circulatory system diseases–a nation-wide register study in Norway. The European Journal of Public Health. 2018;28(suppl_1):cky048. 231.
Feng T, Abebe DS. Eating behaviour disorders among adolescents in a middle school in Dongfanghong, China. Journal of eating disorders. 2017;5(1):47.
Abebe DS, Lien L, Elstad JI. Immigrants’ utilization of specialist mental healthcare according to age, country of origin, and migration history: a nation-wide register study in Norway. Social psychiatry and psychiatric epidemiology. 2017;52(6):679-87.
Abebe DS, Feng T. Eating behaviour disorders among adolescents in a middle school in Dongfanghong, China. 2017.
Helseth S, Abebe DS, Andenæs R. Mental health problems among individuals with persistent health challenges from adolescence to young adulthood: a population-based longitudinal study in Norway. BMC public health. 2016;16(1):983.
Abebe DS, Tøge AG, Dahl E. Individual-level changes in self-rated health before and during the economic crisis in Europe. International journal for equity in health. 2016;15(1):1.
Abebe DS, Frøyland LR, Bakken A, Von Soest T. Municipal-level differences in depressive symptoms among adolescents in Norway: Results from the cross-national Ungdata study. Scandinavian journal of public health. 2016;44(1):47-54.
Abebe DS, Bussi M, Buttler D, Hyggen C, Imdorf C, Michoń P, et al. Explaining consequences of employment insecurity: The dynamics of scarring in the United Kingdom, Poland and Norway. 2016.
Abebe DS, Von Soest T, Von Holle A, Zerwas SC, Torgersen L, Bulik CM. Developmental trajectories of postpartum weight 3 years after birth: Norwegian mother and child cohort study. Maternal and child health journal. 2015;19(4):917-25.
Abebe DS, Hafstad GS, Brunborg GS, Kumar BN, Lien L. Binge drinking, cannabis and tobacco use among ethnic Norwegian and ethnic minority adolescents in Oslo, Norway. Journal of immigrant and minority health. 2015;17(4):992-1001.
Abebe D. Changes in self-rated health before and during the economic crisis in EuropeDawit Abebe. European Journal of Public Health. 2015;25(suppl_3).
Abebe DS, Torgersen L, Lien L, Hafstad GS, Soest Tv. Predictors of disordered eating in adolescence and young adulthood: A population-based, longitudinal study of females and males in Norway. International Journal of Behavioral Development. 2014;38(2):128-38.
Abebe DS, Lien L, Hjelde KH. What we know and don’t know about mental health problems among immigrants in Norway. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 2014;16(1):60-7.
Abebe DS, Brunborg GS. Unge i Oslo og rusmiddelbruk. Rus & samfunn. 2014(06):21-3.
Hafstad GS, Abebe DS, Torgersen L, von Soest T. Picky eating in preschool children: The predictive role of the child’s temperament and mother’s negative affectivity. Eating behaviors. 2013;14(3):274-7.
Abebe DS, Nielsen VO, Finnvold JE. Regional inequality and vaccine uptake: a multilevel analysis of the 2007 Welfare Monitoring Survey in Malawi. BMC Public Health. 2012;12(1):1075.
Abebe DS, Lien L, von Soest T. The development of bulimic symptoms from adolescence to young adulthood in females and males: A population‐based longitudinal cohort study. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2012;45(6):737-45.
Abebe DS, Lien L, Torgersen L, von Soest T. Binge eating, purging and non-purging compensatory behaviours decrease from adolescence to adulthood: A population-based, longitudinal study. BMC Public Health. 2012;12(1):32.
Abebe D, Bjune G, Ameni G, Biffa D, Abebe F. Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis and associated risk factors in Eastern Ethiopian prisons. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2011;15(5):668-73.
Abebe D, Biffa D, Bjune G, Ameni G, Abebe F. Assessment of knowledge and practice about tuberculosis among eastern Ethiopian prisoners. The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2011;15(2):228-33.
Shawel D, Hagos S, Lachat CK, Kimanya ME, Kolsteren P. Post-production losses in iodine concentration of salt hamper the control of iodine deficiency disorders: a case study in northern Ethiopia. Journal of health, population, and nutrition. 2010;28(3):238.
Abebe D, Spilker R, Hjelde K. Immigrants are not a homogenous groups. Tidsskrift for den Norske laegeforening: tidsskrift for praktisk medicin, ny raekke. 2010;130(15):1454.
Abebe D. Prevalence and associated risk factors of pulmonary tuberculosis among prisoners in eastern Ethiopia. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. 2009;13(10):1313-5.
Book chapters and reports
- Abebe, Dawit Shawel; Hyggen, Christer (2019). Moderators of unemployment and wage scarring during the transition to young adulthood: evidence from Norway. Hvinden, Bjørn; O’Reilly, Jacqueline; Schoyen, Mi Ah; Hyggen, Christer (Red.). Negotiating Early Job Insecurity Well-being, Scarring and Resilience of European Youth. 6. s. 115-137. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Abebe, D.S; Hafstad, Gertrud Sofie;von Soest, Tilmann (2018). Eating Problems From Childhood to Young Adulthood. Mathiesen, Kristin Schjelderup Karevold, Evalill Bølstad Sanson, Ann (Red.), Tracking Opportunities and Problems From Infancy to Adulthood. Chapter 9. s. 105-113. Hogrefe & Huber Publishers.
- Helgesen, Marit Kristine; Abebe, D.S; Schou, Arild (2017). [Public health initiatives targeting children and youth. Baseline survey for the public health program at the municipality level]. Report NIBR/NOVA 2017. ISBN: 978-82-8309-216-5. 169 s. HIOA -NIBR/NOVA.
- Abebe, D.S. Public Health Challenges of Immigrants in Norway: A Research Review. NAKMI report 2/2010. Oslo: Norwegian Center for Minority Health Research.
- Ørnullf Seippel, Dawit Abebe & Åse Strandbu. Å trene, trener, har trent? En longtiudinell undersøkelse av sammenhengen mellom treningsvaner i tenårene og tidlig voksen alder. NOVA Rapport, NR 10/2012.
- Abebe DS. Prevalence and associated risk factors of pulmonary tuberculosis among prisoners in Eastern Ethiopia: An active screening study 2009 (Master thesis).
- Tadesse L, Abebe, D.S, Kidanu Y, G/Meskel, G, Yifter H, and Mulugeta, A. Vitamin D Deficiency: For the Ethiopian Health Center Team. Produced in the collaboration with the USAID and the Carter Center –USA, and the Ethiopia Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education, 2005.
- Equar A, Assefa A, Abebe, D.S, and Hagos, S. Investigation and Management of Epidemic-Prone Diseases in Ethiopia. Produced in the collaboration with the USAID and the Carter Center –USA, and the Ethiopia Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education, 2007.