Associate Professor in Intelligence Studies
Head of the Ukraine-Program
Norwegian Defence University College
Phone: +47 23 09 58 73; +47 99 63 26 23 (mob.)
Røseth is an associate professor in Intelligence Studies at the Norwegian Defence University College (NDUC), Command and Staff College (CSC). Røseth heads the Ukraine-Program established in 2020 at NDUC.
Røseth has been employed at the CSC since 2016, and before that (2012-2016) a fellow at the Norwegian institute for Defence Studies (IFS). Røseth has held several positions within the Norwegian Armed Forces from 2002-2019, dealing with Russian politics, Russian foreign policy, Arctic security, Western Balkans, and Russian-Norwegian relations. Røseth was deployed to missions to Kosovo and North Macedonia in 2000 and 2001-2002.
Røseth has a PhD on Russia-China relations from 2017 at the University of Oslo, a Master in Military Studies from NDUC in 2012 and a Master in Comparative Politics (Russian studies) from 2001 at the University of Bergen. Røseth was the first Norwegian exchange student to MGIMO (Moscow State Institute for International Relations) in 1998 and 1999.
Developments in Ukraine and the war with Russia – implications for Europe, Russia-China relations, intelligence studies, arctic security, Russian energy politics.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS ON UKRAINE
- Tobias Sæther, Tom Røseth 2022. Det er på tide å trappe opp våpenstøtten til Ukraina (aftenposten.no) Aftenposten.
- Tom Røseth, Anders Romarheim 2022. Debatt, Politikk | Vestlig etterretning: Fra fiasko til suksess (tronderdebatt.no) Trønderdebatt.
- Tom Røseth 2022. Innlegg: Kina gir Russland pondus i Europa | DN Dagens Næringsliv.
- Contested Ukraine Contested Ukraine. Military patriotism, Russian Influence and Implications for European Security (2021-2025), Funded by the Research Council of Norway. Contested Ukraine. Military patriotism, Russian Influence and Implications for European Security – Norwegian Armed Forces (forsvaret.no)
- Total Defence Cooperation with Ukraine (2021-2025), Funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Defence. Total Defence cooperation with Ukraine – Norwegian Armed Forces (forsvaret.no)