UKRAINETT is a network of researchers and experts in Norway with interest in and knowledge about Ukraine. The network is further meant to be a hub for Ukrainian researchers and academics who are currently in Norway due to the ongoing war in Ukraine.
- Promotes research and teaching on Ukraine at Norwegian universities and research institutions
- Is an arena where researchers share and discuss their own research on Ukraine with each other
- Is a gathering point for Ukrainian researchers fleeing to Norway as a result of Russia’s invasion
- Keeps a dialogue with and gives research-based input to Norwegian decision-makers, public administration and civil society organisations engaged in Ukraine
- Contributes to strengthening the dissemination of Ukrainian research to the general public
- Aims to organise an annual Ukraine conference on a relevant topic
UKRAINETT has established a steering group with representatives from different Norwegian universities and research institutions where Ukrainian researchers in Norway are also represented. UKRAINETT is co-ordinated by the Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research (NIBR) at OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University.