Announcement New Call for applicants to the Research Talent Development Program 2023
Program period: 01.01.2023-31.12.2023
Deadline for applications: October 15th (midnight) 2022
Feedback to applicants: November 15th 2022
Obligatory introduction seminar: December 6th, KK-Lounge, at 10:00-13:00
Number of available places: up to max 10 places (will be final number according to quality of the applicants)
The program for 2023 will be run from January 1st to December 31st 2023 under the condition that the program receives continued funding.
Early career researchers (between 2-7 years after awarded PhD) that are intending (next 1-5 years) to develop a research career with focus on excellence in research. The applicants should have plans for applying for ERC and or FRIPRO grant soon, or during the program period.
You will have to be in a 100 % fixed position at OsloMet at the application deadline to qualify for applying for participation in this program.
The form states:
- Your department/Centre/faculty will cover costs for buy-out from teaching (100%, minimum 75% – then with 25% extra research time for the 2 semesters after the program ends) during the program period
- OsloMet will cover program costs estimated to NOK 80 000/candidate.
- OsloMet will provide NOK 100 000 to cover activity costs during the period (activities to strengthen your CV and your research approved by the Program Leader)
The goal is to provide talented, early stage researchers with the possibility to further develop their careers and themselves as international recognized researchers, to strengthen their options in competition for external funding for excellence in science calls, and to develop good research networks.
The applicants will be evaluated by a group consisting of internal and external experts together with the program leader. The Vice-Rector and the Director of Research together with the program leader makes the final decision. We are aiming for candidates representing the whole of OsloMet and that represent a good gender balance, with main focus on the potential of achieving excellence in research.
Criteria for evaluation:
- The applicant’s motivation for participating (motivation letter – max 1/2 page)
- Research experience (External funding, National and international networks, Doctoral supervision and supervision of MA-thesis, publication record) – use appropriate CV template found here (RCNs template for early stage researcher)
- Ability to share knowledge to colleagues (from the program– describe how in your five-years plan)
- Research strategy described through a five-year research plan (Aim, subgoals and activities)
- The applicants have to work on at least one proposal for funding (FRIPRO/ERC StG) during the program period. An abstract of this project should be attached to the application – max ½ page (remember to make sure your abstract complies with the evaluation criteria for the call of choise).
- Participation in the program must be supported by your Head of Department and your Research group leader (signed letter of support)
There might be conducted interviews for selection. All information is in the net-form for Application below. If you have any questions, please contact the program leader Vera Østensen by e-mail.
You may apply by October 15th 2022 using this link: APPLICATION
Announcement of participants will be done by e-mail to applicants by November 15th.
To apply, please use the CV template found in link below:
For eligibility criteria ERC StG: ERC: European Research Council | (europa.eu)
FRIPRO young talent: under 40 years of age at the time of submittal of the proposal, 2–7 years after defence of an approved doctorate, who have demonstrated the potential to conduct research of high scientific quality.